Brian G. DeRubertis is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Vascular Surgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. DeRubertis completed his bachelor's degree in psychobiology at UCLA before moving to New York City for his medical training. He was awarded his M.D. degree from Cornell University Medical College in 1997, and then completed his general surgery residency training at the New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2005. He then pursued specialty training in vascular and endovascular surgery through the combined Weill Medical College of Cornell University and Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons vascular fellowship. Upon completion of his vascular training, he joined the faculty of the UCLA Division of Vascular Surgery.
In addition to patient care, Dr. DeRubertis is highly interested in surgical research. During his surgical residency, he performed a 2-year research fellowship in gene therapy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital in New York City. During his vascular training, he performed both basic science and clinical outcomes research that has resulted in multiple publications in the Annals of Surgery, Journal of Vascular Surgery, and other peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. He has presented his work at the annual meetings of the Society for Vascular Surgery, the Eastern Vascular Society, the New England Society for Vascular Surgery, the International Congress of Endovascular Interventions, the American Surgical Association, and others. His research interests include the endovascular (minimally-invasive) treatment of lower extremity vascular disease and carotid artery disease.
Dr. DeRubertis is a candidate member of the Society of Vascular Surgery and the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society.
|Oregon Health Sciences University
|Memorial Sloan Kettering
|Cornell University/New York Presbyterian
|Cornell & Columbia University
- Clinical outcomes following endovascular treatment of carotid arterial disease and peripheral vascular disease
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting, carotid endarterectomy
- Endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease & limb salvage
- Endovascular treatment of renal and mesenteric arterial disease
- Arterial and venous lytic therapy
- Endovascular aneurysm repair
Hospital Staff Appointments
- UCLA Medical Center
- Attending Vascular Surgery Staff, UCLA Medical Center
- Attending Vascular Surgery Staff, UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
- Assistant Professor in Residence, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Honors and Awards
- Diraj M. Shah Award for Best Endovascular Paper, 22nd Annual Vascular Fellows Abstract Competition, New York, New York
Memberships in Scholarly or Professional Societies
- Society of Vascular Surgery, Candidate member
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, Candidate member